Samsung will launch the Samsung Galaxy S4 on May 10 for India available either the same day or soon after via the online Samsung Store. The company has decided to keep the price of their newest flagship at Rs. 44999/- for the 16GB variant.
Here is the best part of the news, the Samsung Galaxy S4 set for India is the Exynos based Octa-core variant and not the quad-core as most were expecting. Although Samsung might change over to a quad core variant if the sales are slow as they were for the S2 in India and the company then launched a cheaper
Single core alternate chipset variant adding a G at the end of the model number.
Samsung has taken a similar strategy with the Samsung Galaxy S4 ( or plans to) with the company expecting good sales numbers based on the hype created by the launch. Post that they plan to shift to a quad core variant similar to the one in the US.
Apart from the chipset the Samsung Galaxy S4 also has a 5 inch 1920x1080p Super-Amoled display, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB of storage for the Indian variant, along with a 13 MP camera at the rear capable of full hd 1080p video at 30fps.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 also has Android 4.2.2 along with the latest TouchWiz UI.
• Physically, the Galaxy S4 didn’t get any bigger. In fact, it even sports a thinner build and weighs a hair lighter. But with a slimmer bezel, it has 5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display at 441ppi compared to the 4.8inch 1280 x 720 display of S3 at 306ppi.
• In terms of processor is the major update to a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 5 Octa from the proprietary 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor in S3 . The benchmarks are yet to be released so wait for performance increase.
• In the international version S4 sports a 2GB RAM compared to 1GB in S3
• Galaxy S4 also recieved a bump in the camera from 8-megapixel of S3 to a 13 megapixel in Galaxy S4.
• The Galaxy S4 has a newer Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean compared to Android 4.1 Jellybean of S3 but again S3 will also receive the 4.2 update in coming months. S4 got many new smart features like Smart Scroll , Smart Pause , Dual Camera Shoot , Air Gesture etc
• Finally the battery is beefed up to 2,600mAh from 2,100mAh.This was necessary as to sport a a larger FULL HD display and Exynos Octa Processor comparison
Samsung electronics has slashed the price of it’s Galaxy Camera in India, and surprisingly, within just two months of it’s launch in the country. Samsung has given the Galaxy Camera a price cut of about Rs.3,880 and now, the camera is available for Rs.26,520 in India, down from the earlier Rs.29,900.
The Android-powered Samsung Galaxy Camera comes with a 16.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, 21x optical zoom and a 23mm wide-angle lens. The Galaxy camera has a 4.8-inch HD Super Clear Touch Display and is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The camera gets 8GB of internal storage along with a micro-SD card slot for storage expansion. Running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, the camera offers all the Android goodness and download any of the 700,000 Apps available on the Google Play Store.
The Galaxy Camera also allows the users to share their captured images at any time, as the device comes with 3G connectivity and offers Wi-Fi connectivity as well.
Interestingly, Samsung had last week announced a Wi-Fi-only variant of the Galaxy Camera which just like the existing variant, combines high performance photographic features with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables easier sharing of images from the device. The new Galaxy camera (Wi-Fi) misses out on a SIM card slot meaning that you won’t have the option of sharing you’re images irrespective of wherever you’re located, and now, you would have to rely on a Wi-Fi network to share images from the device.
Though there is no word and the pricing or availability of the Wi-Fi only variant as of now, but expect it to be priced considerably lower than the Wi-Fi+3G variant.