For all those are having Micromax Canvas 2. Here Is the Full Tutorial on how to update your device from 4.0.4 Icecream Sandwich To 4.1 JellyBean Operating System: Do check out Video Tutorial Also at the bottom of this post
To update your Canvas 2, here’s what you need:
- Official Android Jelly Bean ROM from Micromax, which can be found here.
- SP Tools for flashing the update, which can be found here.
- Drivers for Micromax A110 Canas 2 which can be downloaded from here.
Once You have have downloaded all the three files, extract them (preferably to your desktop for ease of access) and make sure that your smartphone is TURNED-OFF and NOT CONNECTED to your computer.
Then, follow this simple steps to update your smartphone:
- Install the drivers for the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 on your computer.
Then, open the SP Flash Tools folder extracted from the Zip file and open Flash_Tool.exe
- Once opened, click on Scatter-loading option, as can be seen in the image.
- Now go to the Stock ROM folder which was extracted from the Zip file and then select the file named “MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc“
- As you click on ‘open’, the file will show up in the scatter loading file tab and then click on “Firmware -> Upgrade” option located at the top and the tools will now start looking for your smartphone.
- Make sure that your smartphone is TURNED-OFF and then connect the Canvas 2 to your computer.
- SP Tools will detect your smartphone and start the flashing process if everything is right.
- After completeion, a green ring will appear on your computers screen indicating that the upgrade was successful.
- Then, close the SP Toold, dissconnect your smartphone and turn it on
Voila! You now have Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean installed on your Micromax A110 Canvas 2.
Video Tutorial: Click Here